We want to thank you for choosing chiropractic health care and giving us the chance to help you. Seeking information is an essential first step in choosing an appropriate healthcare provider.
If you are considering chiropractic care, we encourage you to call us. Our doctors specialize in complex and challenging cases, and they will do whatever it takes to help you get well as soon as possible.
If you’re looking for a chiropractor, you probably have quite a few questions.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions.
85% of all people will have back or neck pain at some point in their lifetime. Not everyone can be helped through chiropractic care. A chiropractor will take a history and perform an exam to determine what treatment is best for you. The doctor will make a plan for you and explain what you should expect. They’ll give you recommendations on what you can do to help yourself get better. If mechanical treatment is not appropriate, you will be referred to another healthcare provider.
Of course, this varies. We expect to see improvements in a patient’s condition very quickly. Sometimes we can get immediate relief, other times it may take a few days. At the very longest, we would expect you to be making good progress within a week.
Yes. When you are evaluated, a chiropractor will look for red flags and contraindications to care. If further testing is necessary, they can refer you for those services. Your chiropractor will coordinate care with your family physician or refer you to another specialist if chiropractic care is not right for you.
Some chiropractors focus on lifetime wellness while others specialize in treating acute, severe spinal pain and associated symptoms. Your treatment should be based on your specific needs and you should feel comfortable in asking questions about your care and treatment goals. Our office focuses on pain relief and we will give you practical tools to help you regain control over your pain to help you prevent recurrences and minimize visits needed.
Many insurance companies cover chiropractic treatment if it is a medical necessity. Our team will check your benefits and bill insurance for you.
Insurance Companies we participate with:
- Blue Care Network
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
(Traditional, PPO, Federal, Community Blue, MESSA)
- Meridian Health Plan of Michigan
- Medicare (Traditional, Advantage, Medicare Plus Blue, Priority Health Medicare, UHC Medicare)
- Personal Injury/Auto Accident
- Priority Health
- Smart Health/ABS
- United Healthcare & United Medical Resources
- Worker’s Compensation
- VA Community Care Network
- Before your appointment, we will send you a link to our patient portal. You will check-in for your visit through the portal by answering questions.
- Bring your driver’s license and insurance card to the appointment
- The doctor will go over your intake information with you and make treatment recommendations. The appointment should take about 45 minutes.
- If appropriate, you will receive an adjustment on your first visit.
- At the end of your visit, we will schedule a follow-up appointment and collect payment.
For Healthcare Providers
Get your patients moving!
Our office works closely with healthcare providers to coordinate care for patients.
- We accept referrals from healthcare providers for new patients, and we make appropriate referrals for patients as needed.
- We provide same-day urgent appointments and communicate clinical concerns to coordinate care with the patient’s PCP.
- We provide active care and use the McKenzie Method. To find out more about the McKenzie method, please click here.
- Our office follows CDC guidelines to ensure a safe experience for our patients and employees.
- We will determine when imaging is necessary and treatment plans are customized to the patient’s needs.